The Military Bowl Foundation today announced that the DC Touchdown Club 3M Awards Dinner, scheduled for April 30, has been postponed due to the risks associated with COVID-19. The Dinner will be rescheduled at a later date.
“While it is disappointing to have to postpone this terrific event, which honors some of the best people in football and raises money for an amazing cause in Patriot Point, we know that this is the right decision,” Military Bowl Foundation President & Executive Director Steve Beck said. “At this time, we need to follow all health guidelines so that we can beat this virus and return to a normal livelihood.”
Among this year’s headline award winners were legendary coach Lou Holtz and former Washington Redskins offensive lineman Joe Jacoby. The full slate of award winners is:
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Lou Holtz
- Founder’s Award: Joe Jacoby
- Circle of Legends: Bob Milloy
- Washington Metro College Player of the Year (Defense): Chase Young, Ohio State
- Washington Metro College Player of the Year (Offense): Malcolm Perry, Navy
- Maryland High School Player of the Year: Bryan Bresee, Damascus
- Virginia High School Player of the Year: Noah Kim, Westfield
- Washington, D.C. High School Player of the Year: Rakim Jarrett, St. John’s
- Washington Metro High School Player of the Year: Gerry Pannoni, South County
Proceeds from the Dinner benefit Patriot Point, the Military Bowl Foundation’s retreat for recovering service members.