Jonathan L. Greenblatt is the Chairman and co-founder of Legal Innovators (legalinnovators.com), an alternative legal service provider. Jonathan co-founded Legal Innovators to bring innovation to the legal industry where it’s really needed: in the recruitment, hiring, talent development, pricing, inclusion, and diversity of junior legal talent, as well as the overall profitability of law firms. The market unsustainable salaries being paid to a small segment of the junior legal talent market is suppressing opportunity for other high quality, talented young attorneys, including lawyers from underrepresented segments of the population, and creating friction between lawyers and their clients. Legal Innovators’ business model is designed to creatively address these challenges.
As the Chairman of the company Jonathan leads client acquisition and retention, the development of new services and is meaningfully involved in the overall mapping strategy for the company. He also plays an active role in training and mentoring Legal Innovators’ junior attorneys. Jonathan is a retired partner of Shearman & Sterling LLP with extensive experience in commercial international arbitration and litigation. At Shearman, Jonathan served as a Member of the Policy Committee, co-deputy managing partner of the International Arbitration Group, cooffice managing partner of the Washington office, and co-founder and head of the Diversity Committee. As an advocate, Jonathan has handled many high value, complex commercial cases
for global clients.
• George Washington University Law School, J.D.
Member of The George Washington Law Review, 1980
• University of Connecticut, B.A., magna cum laude, with distinction, 1977
Admissions & Courts
• New York
• Washington, D.C.
• Various U.S. District Courts
• U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia
• Second, Third, Fourth and Fifth Circuits
• U.S. Tax Court
• U.S. Supreme Court
• CPR certification
• CEDR certification
• Professorial Lecturer in Law at The George Washington University Law School,
International Commercial Arbitration, 2008–present
• Member (U.S.), ICC Commission on Arbitration
• USCIB Arbitration Subcommittee Chair, Washington, D.C.
• Board of Directors, Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights Under Law
• Board of Directors, University of Connecticut Foundation
• Board of Directors, Military Bowl
• Member of Class V, Leadership New York
• Frequent lecturer on international insolvency, international arbitration, lender liability,
and general litigation practice
Named as one of New York’s and Washington, D.C.’s Super Lawyers